‘I love you’, ‘I can’t live without you’, ‘you are my life’…etc. We all heard these words and phrases too many times, whether in cheesy romantic movies, corny pop songs, or anywhere else. Love became so shallow that the word has no deep meaning anymore. The movies, music, books, and almost everything around us portrays love as a relationship between a man and a woman. When you read the title of this post you probably thought about it that way. But that’s not right! Love has more to it than just that.
I like to act as a philosopher sometimes, so let me introduce you to some of my “philosophical” opinions on love.
What is love?
Love is the fuel we use every day to live. Love is the power that drives us to success. Love is the reason why we are happy. Love is how human beings and other creatures managed to live together on this planet. Love is something instinctive in the human nature.
What are the different forms of love?
– The love that you receive from your parents
– The love you give to your children
– The love between you and your spouse
– Your relatives who love you and you love them too
– Friendship is a form of love
– The love you have for your pet and the love your pet has for you
– Generally the love of human beings to each others
– The love of human beings to other creatures on Earth
– The love of human beings to Earth
– The love of oneself
– The love of God to mankind
See, love comes in different shapes and sizes! It is everywhere around us. So even if you are single, that doesn’t mean you have no love in your life. You just need to look deeper and you’ll find it.
Do we need love?
The definition of love I mentioned above shows clearly that it is something important in order to live a sufficient happy life. And as I said before, it is an instinct in us so we can’t help but feel it, give it, or want to receive it.
If you want to check if that’s true or not, I want you to close your eyes and imagine this world without love…no family, no friends, no pets, or any source of love.
What do you think now? How is the world you imagined in your head? A place full of hatred, crimes, wars…etc. Isn’t it kind of what we are turning into? Why do you think that is? It’s because of the lack of real love in our lives. In fact, I think that the answer to world peace is simply love.
So what is your homework for today? You should let the people in your life know that you love them. Here are some simple tips you can use to spread love everywhere you go:
– Tell your parents that you love them and that your thankful for what they’ve done to you.
– Tell your children that you really care about them and you’ll always be there for them.
– Buy flowers or bake a cake and send it to your spouse when they are at work with a card saying that you love them.
– Visit your cousins, or your grandparents, or your in-laws and spend a day with them.
– Meet your friend for lunch/dinner and talk about the good old days and how grateful you are that they are in your life.
– Take more walks with your dog.
– Give money to charity, volunteer, buy dinner for a homeless person…etc.
– Adopt an animal, be kind to other creatures, get involved in an organization for animal rights…etc.
– Plant something in your garden or inside your house, take good care of it.
– Love yourself! You deserve it.
– Pray to God. Ask Him for guidance, for blessing, for grace, or anything you want because He will always be there for you. All you need to do is just ask.
And of course there are a lot of other things you can do. Whatever you choose, make sure you do it from the heart. You don’t know what this can result into; it could make someone’s day, or stop someone from ending their life, or make a stranger happy. So why not tell people ‘I love you’? Why not show it? You have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.
So start acting like a human and LOVE. Always remember that you should say it and show it. When you will truly love and care for the people in your life you will be happy and loved in return.
Wish you all a happy life full of love.